We are passionate to achieve business and project management goals; dedicated to making the fields of project management better for all of humanity.
- Project Charter, proposal, contract, team charter, & assessment of strengths and weaknesses of the project environment.
- Project Scope management plan and scope statement or scope statement of work
- Project Cost management plan, project cost estimate, the project earned value management, project budget, business plan, benefits realization.
- Project Time or schedule management plan, Work Breakdown Structure, Microsoft Project, Visio, or Primavera.
- Project quality management plan, quality assurance, quality management.
- Project human resources plan, professional development and mentoring.
- Project risk assessment, analysis, mitigation, project monitoring and control.
- Project procurement plan, source identification and invitation, managing complexity procurements, and procurement schedule risks.
- Project communication management plan, Resource Accountability Matrix, and Resource Accountability Matrix.
- Project Stakeholder management, managing diverse stakeholders across multiple states and countries.
- Project Management Leadership, managing technical team, working with stakeholders, reporting the project status to top management, and making strategic decisions.
- Project Master Plan, baseline line plan, added works, unexpected events, and change management plan.
I’m dr. Abu Mohammed Fofana
- I manage a full-blown business and project management consulting company, Global Project Consulting Group, dedicated to using the best practices, standards, and advanced training of business, Information Technology, Project Management, Project Management Office, Project Portfolio Management to optimize customer value
- I integrate green project and sustainability plan into PM planning and executing plans
- I foster continuous human resource development, training, career development, and Mentoring programs.
Years of Experience
Open Letter to recruiters
To Whom It May Concern
Dear Sir or Madam:
I am interested in applying for project management, project portfolio management, or Project management office position in your company.
I have a deep background in project management, Project Management Office, Project Portfolio management areas. I have a passion for guiding projects through the implementation of their lifecycle to see the final product, taking pride in my part of the project and the team’s success.
I have performed middle and senior project management functions in construction, information technology, training, business administration, and other management consultancy areas.
I bring to your company a strong initiative-taking and resourceful leadership dedicated to achieving project and business goals when clients need them the most, and a background in a wide variety of cost and budget management disciplines. I have been managing successful projects and business operations for many years, developing guidelines, mentoring junior employees, creating project execution plans, and working with both internal resources and outside consultants.
I wish to invite you to examine my resume and look forward to hearing from you.
Dr. Abu Fofana
- Northcentral University, School of Business & Technology Management, San Diego, California.
Ph.D. in Business Administration with a specialization in project management
- DeVry Keller Graduate School of Management, Nashville, Tennessee, Master of Project Management (MPM)
- Ecole Nationale d’Administration Publique (ENAP), troisième cycle
Rabat, Morocco. Master’s degree in International Economic Cooperation
- University of Liberia, Monrovia, Liberia.
BA in Political Science & Government
- Certified A+, Network+, MCP, and Agile practitioner among a host of others. Also certified in managing project budgets, managing project teams, managing technical teams, and managing international projects. Adept at applying project management and information technology applications, including Microsoft Project; Microsoft Office 365; SharePoint, Microsoft Visio, Joomla, and a host of other course management platforms including Moodle, Schoology, and SCORM and Tin Can API.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in managerial budget, writing a project proposal, writing a business plan, and creating project metrics. We have implemented new IT enterprise solutions and upgraded legacy IT systems.
Managing Project Budgets
Apr 2015 – License FAC9A0
Managing International Projects
Dec 2015 – Dec 2015 License 9CD0C2
Managing Project Teams
Apr 2015 – License D233EC
Managing Technical Teams
Apr 2015 – License DB5D11
Making Investment Decisions
Mar 2014 – License 9F675B
Agile Project Management
Oct 2013 – License A48FB2
Managing Project Schedules
Sep 2013 – License 5ACA8A
Lenovo Desktop Systems Service
Jul 2009 – License RDD6-RI
Training Certificate Lenovo
Jul 2009 – License RDD06-RI
Network+ Certified Professional
Nov 2007 -License COMP001006637250
A+ Certified Professional
May 2006 –License COMP001003235404
MCP-Microsoft Certified Professional
May 2006 – License 161633256
- Read, write, and speak English fluently
- Read, write, and speak French fluently
- Read, write, and speak Arabic moderately
- Read, write, and speak German a little
PROFESSIONAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCES
CEO and Consultant. Global Project Consulting Group, LLC. 2016-Present
Perform a broad range of the project, program, training, and strategic leadership functions, including working with the Board executives and functional management personnel to establish goals, strategies, plans, and policies.
Director of Project Manager/Chief Operations Manager. 3DM Panel Works, Inc. Cheyenne, WY 2012-2016
Planned and implemented several housing construction projects in multiple locations from start to finish. Modified project management templates and standards to solve problems unique to each working environment.
Information Technology Project Consultant. Bell Techlogix at Altria, Richmond, VA, 2008-2009
Rolled out a new information technology system. Installed and configured over 1000 desktops, notebooks, laptops, monitors, wired, and wireless networks. Installed software packages based on business objectives and policies.
Information Technology Project Consultant. Halifax Technology Company/VCU Hospital, Richmond VA, 2006-2008
Setup and configured IT equipment. Implemented local and wide area networks (WAN/LAN), routers, switches, and hubs. Reimaged desktop, laptops, troubleshot network connectivity, and printing problems. Installed software packages based on business objectives and policies.
Project/ Site Manager Okonite Cable Company/ USA Security, Inc., Paterson, NJ, 1996-2006
Worked with a wide range of technical teams to manage an underground cable manufacturing project. Supervised the team and improved its performance. Enhanced custom service retention by 35% consistently for a decade.
- The Employee of the Month, Amazon. Inc. United States
- Best Project Manager, USA Security, Inc. /Okonite Company.
- Best Customer Service Award, H & R Block
Portfolio in detail
Deliver specialized IT support services, including Service Desk, Break/Fix, IT Equipment Check-Up and clearning, rolling out enterprise information systems, relocating IT equipment, establishing and troubleshooting wired and wireless networks.
Leverage client investments, offer full project management office, Project Portfolio management, program management, and project management services, and deliver result-oriented solutions on time.
Compared to a local project, the risks involved in managing an international or global-based project or business increase exponentially. Our multilingual and culturally diverse team is ready, experienced, prepared, and enthusiastic to work with your organization to take on your international or complex projects.
We place great importance on training and skill development in a constantly changing business environment; lack of training or human resource development leads to low expectations, lack of business and personal growth, and project failure. Our training program includes project and program management, information technology, business development, executive/stakeholder management, career and mentoring development programs.
Create a green project charter, environmental management plan, change control plan, calculate the environmental impacts of projects and business and focus on creating a balance between profits, the environment, and people.
Focus on optimizing business and project value, thoroughly understanding their weaknesses and strengths, creating a customized method, putting in place a well thought out execution plan, analyzing the outcomes, and measuring the results or benefits.
GPCG is focused on searching for sustainable solutions to project, program, project management office, and information technology problems. Our research study program covers past, present, and future projects managed in all industries including education, construction, information technology, banking, healthcare, management, pharma, transportation, and film.
We ensure that the value of the products and services delivered are worth stakeholders’ investment and guarantee that the various objectives that the business and the project seek are paralleled, interwoven, and congruent
“Our company accomplished its business goals beyond expectation when we recruited Mr. Fofana to manage, plan, and implement several of our international and complex construction projects. He was able to organize and coordinate a different team of diverse professionals and stakeholders across multiple states, countries, and continents.”
Taking your project and business to The Next Level
Prescriptive solutions are not part of our success formula. Missing deadlines, failing to optimize and achieve business and project value, and benefits, when they are in demand, are trademarks of the new normal, lack of capacity, and creativity. Group thinking, legacy system, and lack of foresight are anathema to business and project success in this Century and beyond.
Stop settling for less!
We think out of the box. Instead of prescribing, we customize. Because business and project management fields are expanding-new challenges and obstacles emerge every day. We expand our understanding of the universe through associates and partners that reflect the part of the universe unknown to us, not those we already know. More importantly, we know the strengths and weaknesses of our clients, their competitions, and know precisely the required formula to achieve their business and project goals. Last, we focus on benefits realization throughout
“I can’t believe it took us this long to make a change. So happy that we did.”
Dr. Abu Foana, Global Project Consulting Group, CEO
Where We Are
NY-NJ Metro Areas
157 So. Harrison St.,
East Orange, NJ
P. O. Box 2060
East Orange, NJ 07018